Tuesday, December 27, 2016

how to cook pulav rice/veg biryani in a pressure cooker or a pot

I measured 2.5 cups of  basmati small broken rice .you can use anykind of rice means medium broken rice or long basmati rice
water 5 cups
I chopped little ginger, fresh turmeric, green chilly, 1 onion
little amarapayar/beans, carrot
and taken one tea cup of deshelled green peas/ matar
and chopped red capsicum
1 lemon juice, my lemon is big and have got alot of juice from 1/2 of lemon
take leaves of curry leaves of 2-3 stems
Heat pressure cooker / or a pot you like add 3 tb/30 ml oil to it, add some mustard, jeera after that add onion slices saute it add ginger, green chilly, turmeric saute with little salt, add curry leaves,  masala (crush 2 cloves, 2 elaichi, 5 black pepper)  1/4 tsp chilly powder, vegetables one by one,
I had added green peas, amarapayar, carrot, capsicum, saute for 2 minutes, add rice salt, water, lemon juice of 1 lemon and boil well. cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes in slow flame. and switch off the flame. After 10 minutes, mix the rice with a flat laddle, carefully. cover and again reheat the pot for 2 -3 minutes in high flame. when touching the sides of the pot it will be very hot.  switch off the flame. and wait for 20- 30 minutes and mix the rice and serve.
Serve the rice with pickle, pappad, raita or curd.


1 comment:

  1. I like biryani and I always request my mom to cook biryani if someone ask me to eat this daily I can eat

    ReplyDelete